Comments are recommended only if you want to engage users in a discussion, especially for blog articles. By default, WordPress enables allowing users to comment on pages and posts. I disable this for newer websites. You can change settings for individual pages and posts.
To change the default settings,
- Go to your Admin > Settings > Discussion
- Check/uncheck "Allow people to post comments on new articles"
- Save Changes
To change for individual pages or posts,
- Go to your Admin > Pages or Posts
- Rollover the page title, click "quick edit"
- Check/uncheck "Allow comments"
If you're editing the page or post itself, scroll down to "Discussion" and check/uncheck "Allow comments". If "Discussion" is not visible, scroll to the top right of the screen and click "Screen Options" and check "Discussion".
- No Page Comment - This is installed by default for newer customers to allow easier management of comments and trackbacks for all content.
- To Use: Go to Admin > Settings > No Page Comment